Hi there! This post is long overdue! Henry is already 11 weeks old!
I am finding that life with a baby is AMAZING, and it can also be exhausting. Therefore, writing a blog post gets put on the back burner more than I would like. These days laundry, working out, cleaning up, taking a shower, and cooking have been getting my attention while Henry is sleeping. All that to say, I am glad you are here, and it feels good to check in!
Like I said, life with a baby is amazing. Seriously the most tiring but most rewarding job ever. I am really feeling the tired part today because Tyler went back to work after being with us for the last 6 weeks. I felt like Tyler was going away for 6 months this morning, but he is just 4 miles away and will be back by dinner. Ha! We definitely missed him today, and he missed us. The reality is that we have bills to pay. Boo! We did have a great time though. Tyler got a lot of projects done around the house and bonded with Hnery. They sure do love each other. Melts my heart.
He gave him this sweet smile the other day…
Henry is sleeping almost 8 hours a night (yay) which is helping me to feel like my old self. Although I was feeling pretty blah last weekend. I hardly wear makeup anymore (just eyeliner and some blush), and I definitely don’t wear nice clothes. The good news is that I can actually feel my abs again! I get in a walk or barre3 class daily, and I am still prioritizing eating well and cooking. My goal is to tone up a little bit before baby #2. I did make it to my first yoga class yesterday since Henry was born, and it felt amazing! I am so sore today, but it is a good sore. I definitely need to work on my chaturangas again!
The biggest things that have changed since Henry was born are…
- Going out to eat at 5pm because waiting until after the 7pm feeding would be too late. Blue plate special anyone?
- Still feeling tired after 8 hours of sleep (Henry is sleeping 8 hours a night, but he sleeps in our bathroom and I wake up to every little noise he makes. Tyler, on the other hand, sleeps right through it. Lucky!)
- Feeling almost tipsy after a 1/4 of a glass of wine. I am enjoying breastfeeding, but I CANNOT wait to be able to have a full glass of red wine!!!
- Nothing goes as planned. This has been the biggest adjustment for us. You HAVE to be flexible. 🙂
- Experiencing a love I never knew existed. I love Henry more than I ever thought possible. He is the best thing I have ever done.
I will leave you with some pictures of our sweet little man…
Have a great week!