Happy New Year! I hope the year is off to a healthy and happy start for you! I would be remiss if I did not say that this post is long overdue. I could give a you a million excuses as to why I haven’t written a post in so long, but it is not worth it. What matters is that I am back and ready to share some of my favorite new (to me) products with you!
I am constantly reading healthy living blogs, following inspiring people on Instagram, and sending myself emails of things that I want to try. If I actually bought everything that I sent to myself, I would be broke. Therefore, I do my best to only buy things that I think will be life changing. 🙂
Below is a list of 10 things that I have been using since the new year (some before), and I absolutely LOVE and trust them which is why I wanted to share them with you.
From left to right…
- Origins A Perfect World Moisturizer– I have tried a few moisturizers from Origins, and I love this one for the winter. I use the Mega-Bright SPF 30 in the summer.
- Physicians Formula Organic Wear Mascara– I learned about this mascara from a blog post on STAT Wellness. I have been looking for a more natural mascara, and this one is free of chemicals and stays on all day.
- Sally B’s Antioxidant Nighttime Serum– Sally B’s is a local company in Atlanta, but she ships everywhere. Her products are AMAZING!!! I finally bought her nighttime serum as I was not happy with what I was using. It absorbs very well, and I wake up looking refreshed and not red or puffy. I love that it neutralizes free radicals and is made up of plant based ingredients.
- Crystal Body Deodorant– A few years ago, I learned about the dangers of aluminum in deodorant. Aluminum is the active ingredient in antiperspirants. It actually blocks sweat glands which is not good. You want your body to do what it is naturally meant to do…perspire. What is a person do? Smell? I have searched high and low, and Crystal Body Deodorant works the best for me.
- Acure Facial Cleansing Creme– I have tried many facial cleaners over the years, and I have not found one quite like Acure’s Facial Cleansing Creme Argon + Mint. I love that it is paraben and sulfite free. I also love that it does not dry out my skin.
- Terra Sweet Plantains– My husband loves chips, and ever since having Henry I have been craving salty things. I have been reading about plantain chips for some time now and was hesitant to try them, but we were both pleasantly surprised! They are lower in carbohydrates and taste delicious! The Terra chips, in particular, are made with two ingredients: plantains and coconut oil. Awesome. They are really good with a spoonful of almond butter.
- Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides– I have definitely tried all kinds of protein powders from vegan to whey to collagen. The one that makes me feel the best is collagen. I am working on healing my gut, so I am not surprised that it makes me feel the best. Collagen is known to help heal the gut. It is an added bonus that Vital Proteins is grass fed and pasture raised.
- Nature’s Way Organic Sambucus Zinc Lozenges– My mom is a big believer in sucking on zinc lozenges when you feel a cold coming on. I ran over to Whole Foods a few weeks ago when I felt a cold coming on which for me is a scratchy throat. I found these amazing lozenges. I only had to take one, and within 4-6 hours I was feeling better.These are made up of elderberry, zinc, and vitamin C all of which are known to help with the common cold.
- Oscillococcinum for Flu-Like Symptoms– A few days ago, I started to feel the flu coming on (yuck), and, well, moms aren’t allowed to get sick. Ha! Seriously though, I got food poisoning when Henry was really little, and it was AWFUL. Nursing a baby while feeling yucky is the worst. Anyway, I ran over to Whole Foods (again) to buy some gluten free chicken noodle soup and crackers, and I decided to see if there was something for flu-like symptoms. Low and behold my favorite company had a product. Ya’ll it worked! Within a few hours, my symptoms cleared. I could not believe it. The key is to catch it early!!!
- OlaSprout Bendable Baby Training Spoon– I had to throw in one of my favorite baby products. This spoon is ours and Henry’s favorite spoon. I learned about it from CanDo Kiddo. It is bendable and perfect for Henry as he is learning how to feed himself. The best part is that he can chew on it which is great since he is teething (although nothing has come through yet). It is also 100% BPA free!
I would love to know if you try any of these products! Let me know what you think.
Have a great week!